Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Still nothing....

It is Wednesday night here, almost midnight. Jon and I have seats on the plane out of Almaty on Friday morning, I haven't changed them yet. We still have no answer on whether or not the judge will allow us to have court on Monday without this one document. This is one of the most frustrating things we have ever been through. The license was in effect when the homestudy was done and they have an apostilled copy of that. I brought another new copy with me, I just didn't have time to get it apostilled. Why can't we have court and deliver the document later in the week? No one can answer this question for us.

Next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are holidays here. I also found out today that DHL, which is the fastest, still takes one full week to make it to Petro. If we can't have court on Monday we are just going to come home for a week or so. There is another set of holidays on May 9th. Jon and I both feel like we will be just sitting here doing nothing for another week and a half to 2 weeks. We would rather be at home, at work, with our family than sitting in this apartment. I'll let you know what we decide, but if we don't have news on Thursday (tomorrow) by noon, we are headed home for a little while. We've already told Almira that we are probably going to go home for a week or two and then come back for court. She understands and knows we are coming back for her.

I'll post more later when I know something. So if you don't hear from us for a day or two, you'll knew we're travelling home.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes we've been getting. Jon and I love e-mails from home. Just keep praying, if we can get court on Monday, we would much rather stay and do it and just fly out Tuesday.

Thanks!
Kathy

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

Hi Bradfords,

You are in our prayers. When we were getting discouraged with our adoptions, someone said to me that you will then be able to explain to your child how much you love them and that you were willing to go through whatever challenges you needed to go through to have them be a part of your family. During our break, Maria took really good care of our kids and I am sure she will do the same for you while you are away from Almira. It will be a great reunion when you go back. The testing we go through just makes the bond stronger.

Best wishes to you,

Larry