Wednesday, May 2, 2007

We're home ...

Hi everyone. This won't be too long. We got up at 7 AM in Amsterdam and finally made it to our flight, barely. Then we flew 10 hours to Houston. We had a two hour layover, which we totally ate up going through Passport control, customs, waiting almost 30 minutes on our luggage, re-checking our luggage and then going back through security. We barely made it to our gate after stopping to get iced tea and Diet Coke. We landed in Monroe a little before 5 PM. We had quite a welcoming crew at the airport and now we're at home and getting settled in for the night. I've been trying to unpack and go through things. Mom and Dad came by and watched some video and looked at some more pictures. My friend Beth called and I told her to come on over and visit.

Now it's quiet here and I told Sarah I'm about to take a soak in my own bath tub. The laundry can wait until tomorrow. Then we may play a board game or something quiet.

I'll update more tomorrow. Good night.

Kathy

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I was so glad to read you had made it home safe! I hope you are enjoying all things American! It's such a wonderful feeling! :)

Take care!
Sarah