Thursday, June 21, 2007

A wonderful find today ...

I found the most wonderful website today. You can type in a phrase in Russian or English and it will instantly translate it to whatever language you want. So neat.

Here it is. http://imtranslator.com/

Almira has been typing me paragraphs tonight. She just finished telling me about a book that I bought for her. She told me the story line and that she liked the book. This is such a wonderful tool.

It also has a dictionary where you can look up words in English and have them give her the Russian definitions. Awesome. We could spend hours on this site. It began a conversation about some common English phrases and how to use certain words.

Hope everyone enjoys it. We have been bike riding again this afternoon. Also, we had a parents' lunch at the college for the girls camp. Almira and another girl did puppets behind a curtain and Almira actually said several lines in English, full sentences. I just couldn't believe she did so well. We are just so proud of her, she is just a wonderful girl. We got a few things cleared up yesterday when Svetlana was here and could translate for us. Tomorrow the girls are going to go on a field trip to Shreveport, to a couple of art museums, one formal and one fun for kids. She is reading a book that I bought her from a company called Multi language. Our church uses it to get their supplies for Ukraine mission trips. http://www.multilanguage.com/

I ordered Almira her first Bible in Russian and a couple of books. I found one about a boy that his homeless and how his life is changed by being taken in by a Christian family. She said she likes it alot and wants to order some more books from this company. I told her we definitely would order some more.

Maybe some one out there can use either one of these links. I wish I could find a way to order some more of her books that I bought before we left Kaz. There is a red headed girl on the cover and she said it is like a girl Harry Potter. I bought her 3 before we left coming home, but I bet she has read them all now. Please let me know if there is anywhere to order Russian popular books on-line.

Thanks, Kathy

No comments: