Thursday, January 3, 2008

Back to the grind ...

Hello everyone. This has been much harder than I thought ... returning to work after almost 2 weeks off. The update on Molly is she is much better, but not out of the woods yet. We got to bring her home yesterday. She can only eat 1 teaspoon of food at a time and is on an antibiotic.

Yesterday I decided to take off work and get a few things taken care of. I started my morning off at the eye doctor. I felt like I needed an eye exam. I only started needed some light reading glasses about a year ago, mainly because I spend 10 hours a day on computer and then reading for school. I have been having more trouble reading small print lately. Boy was I right. My doctor recommended bi-focals. Yikes! I'm only 39, just turned, so what is the big deal. Between my foot killing me and now bi-focals, I feel like I'm falling apart!

From the eye doctor I had dental cleaning appointments for me and the girls. Then ran to Sarah's doctor because she had an ear ache. She had a right nasty little ear infection, probably from swimming last week in the in-door pool. It was quite a busy day and I'm glad I took off work.

The girls are enjoying their last few days at home before school returns and Almira is already counting the days until the next day out of school. I did find out she made straight A's this time, so I can't believe she doesn't like school. I think she just really enjoys having nothing to do, which I can understand ... I remember those days from many years ago, mainly pre-children.

I'm also trying to plan a birthday party for Sarah, who is turning 10 on January 16th. It's a good thing I didn't wait until the last minute ;-)

Just wanted to drop a note and wish everyone Happy New Year! I just hope this year is as good as or better than last year. 2007 was definitely a memorable year.

Kathy B.

No comments: