Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fall is here



What a beautiful day today! We have just hung out at home and cleaned some. Then we left and went to a nursery and bought some mums and some other stuff. We pulled out some of our fall decorations.

Then Almira begged me to take her driving. So I bribed her. I told her if she would wash my car which was filthy from parking under the pecan trees at work, I would take her for a driving lesson. We went to a large empty parking lot and I let her drive for about 30 minutes. Right across the street from the parking lot was a pretty quiet neighborhood. We we drove on through the neighborhood. She really did pretty well. She only had one time she forgot to hit the brake while making a turn and didn't turn enough. She had to back up and straighten up and then she did okay. She had some trouble remembering which side of the road to drive on. I think we finally got that straight. Anyway I wanted to post some of our pictures from out front. Especially our sweet little boy kitten, Gareth. He is getting so big. He is about 5 months old now. In one of the pictures Gareth is wondering how that other black cat is and not liking it one bit.


The girls are doing well in school and Almira is loving her honors math class. She is still repeating some, even though she is in 8th grade now. The RBS was doing pretty well in teaching the kids math from what I can tell.


Anyway, we're off to enjoy the LSU game shortly. Hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend.


Till later,

Kathy

No comments: