Thursday, March 15, 2007

Confirmations

March 1 - I had some wonderful conversations yesterday. I talked with Apryl, who really helped to relieve some fears that I was having. I have some family members questioning our decision to adopt a child this old. While I understand their concerns, because they were the same ones I had a while back, I feel that God has led us directly to this child. Every prayer and question we have had of God has been answered in a way to leave no doubt.

I also called and spoke with Suzanne Faske yesterday afternoon and she continued to relieve my doubts and fears. Suzanne explained that she heard similiar concerns from not just family members, but from people who she simply saw in public places. She has now adopted 12 times and is still met with doubters.

I also had a wonderful conversation and prayer with our youth minister at church last night. He just strenghted my resolve that God can make things like this happen. That I have to lean on God's understanding and not my own. If he has laid everything out in front of us so perfectly and the path leads directly to this child, we should not have doubts. Also, as I heard from other people, that Satan does not want this child adopted. He does not want her to have a chance at life or to come to America and live in a Christian home. Satan will throw as many obstacles in our path as he can. We just have to keep our resolves strong and stay on our path. We are simply waiting now on our LOI to be issued and then we can make travel plans. We hope to be with Almira for her birthday in April.

Kathy

No comments: