Thursday, March 15, 2007


This picture is Almira, sent to me by Apryl Brock of the Antares Foundation. She sent her a little present in December. She met Almira over the summer.
What a weekend! So much is happening so fast. First all of this with Almira last week. From finding out that she is available to finding out she has been on Suzanne Faske's Waiting Child list for 2 years for a faimly.
Then we get word Friday that our dossier has been released, after almost 2 months of it being stuck in the Minstry of Education with no explanation of what is wrong. The day after I inquire about Almira to our agency, it is suddenly unstuck.
We go to church Sunday and our regular pastor was out, but our new singles minister was preaching. He did a really great job, but the sermon was on taking on the attitude of Christ. It reminded me of a conversation I had with my mother last week. The pastor's exact words were "It is God's plan, not yours that is important! Say yes to God." I wrote it down in my notes from church, it was so powerful. I felt like he was talking directly to us.
When I had a conversation with my Mom last week about all of this. I told her I just can't get over the fact that this is not in my plan, this is not at all what I was looking for. I had my heart set on a little girl, you know, like 2 to 5. What am I going to do with a teenageer? But I keep feeling like God is telling me, "It is not your plan that matters. If you will just give it all to me and let me handle everything, it will work out fine." If God is in control it will probably be a whole lot better than fine.
Mom and I talked about that exactly. Maybe I need to forget about my plan and start letting God run the show. He knows so much better than I ever could who is the right child for our family. Who am I to go all the way around the world and pick a child? We didn't pick Sarah and it's worked out pretty good so far. In fact I couldn't have picked a kid as great as her if I had tried. It was all God.
Now we are just waiting news from our agency as they investigate Almira and make sure that she is truly available and has no siblings. Also before any child can be adopted they must go on a national registry for 6 months so that a Kazak family can be given the opportunity to adopt them. If she has been on the registry and has come off, she should be available to come home now. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: