Saturday, April 21, 2007

An Easy Saturday


Almira was watching the video we made at the orphanage. She was sitting on the couch sewing a hem in her pants, but stopped to watch the video. I love to see her laughing. She is doing more and more of that lately.

I also want to post a picture of 2 of my other favorite people, especially since I'm missing them so much. This was made in front of my house the weekend before we left for Kaz. Hi Mom and Sarah.

We had a good day of visiting with Almira and Boris today. They came in and we visited a little bit about what we are going to do tomorrow. We are having a little birthday celebration tomorrow for Almira. Boris is picking up Almira and 3 of her friends at the orphanage tomorrow morning at 11AM. They are coming here and watching Pirates of the Caribbean movie that we bought for her, but she hasn't had a chance to watch at the orphanage. She is afraid it would get stolen. Then we are walking to the Donner Cafe and having lunch. Then the van (taxi) is picking us up and taking us to go bowling. Almira wasn't too sure about bowling, but we assured her it would be fun. We went to the grocery and bought snacks for the girls watching the movie. I don't think she has ever done this either.

We also went and did a little shopping. Almira really wants a denim back pack and we couldn’t find one today. Then we came back to the apartment after buying supplies for the movie watching tomorrow. We also watched the video today that we made at the orphanage on Monday. Almira seemed to enjoy watching the video she helped make.

I bought Almira some black pants for court last week and they were a little long. I told her I would hem them today. I turned them inside out and had her try them on. I went and got my sewing kit and she wanted to do it all herself. I put her shoes on her and checked the length. I pinned them up for her and she went and took them off. She threaded her needle and then sewed them up by herself. She told me she needed an iron, which I had sitting on the ironing board, from where I had ironed clothes this morning. She ironed her pants herself and got them all ready. She is so self-reliant. I'll let you know how tomorrow goes. It should be fun.

No comments: