Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Fun Day of Playing




We went to the orphanage for our visit today. I took my laptop and got the black screen again, not a good sign. We're back at the apartment now and I'm sitting at a table. I'm afraid to move my laptop again. It did this yesterday right before we left to go to the orphanage. Almira wanted to watch the video we had made on Monday at the orphanage. I got this black screen saying there was a problem with my computer. It gave me an option to start my computer in safe mode and I tried it. After several tries of trying to log on and then turning it off, it finally got back to normal, but it had done a system recovery, so all my pictures from Friday thru Monday were gone. Only what was left on my camera. I'm glad now I didn't delete them. I had been backing up with my flash drive, but did not do it Friday thru Monday. Then today at the orphanage it started it again. I could never get it working and Almira wanted to watch her video. Since we couldn't and I didn't bring anything else to do, we headed to the basketball gym. We had such a good time shooting baskets with Almira, Maria and some other people there at the orphanage. I'll try to post some pictures later if my computer will let me.

So, just in case you don't hear from me for a few days, you will know what is happening. If anyone knows anything about Dell laptops and why I'm getting this black screen, please let me know. The computer then gives me an option to start in Safe Mode, another 2 options and then start Windows normally. This is a 6 months old laptop and runs Windows XP. It reminds me of a hard drive crash I've experienced at work in the past. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kathy B.

No comments: