Saturday, April 14, 2007

Saturday w/Almira





Today Boris and Almira arrived a little after 2PM. Boris brought the 5 boxes I had sent to the Antares Foundation. I told him I would go through them and we would decide where to send them. I have more stuff for the little ones, so alot will go to the baby house. We sat in the apartment for a little while and looked at pictures on the computer. Boris brought a flash drive with pictures of Almira since she came to the orphanage. There were pictures of her winning awards for the art contest and the English essay contest. There were also pictures from the latest outing on Thursday, when the girls went to the movies. I just love seeing pictures of Almira being silly and having fun with the other girls. She seems so serious most of the time. I just love having picures of her from the past.
Then we went to this German restaurant that was really nice. Boris ordered Almira calamari salad. I couldn't believe she ate it, but she did. I've never eat calamari. She said at the orphange they eat a lot of porridge, I told her no more porridge when she comes home. But I hope that porridge is not like grits, because we eat grits in the south. Oh well, we'll figure it out. I'm not worried about feeding her.

Then we walked around town and did some shopping. We went to a video store to buy a DVD for Almira in Russian, but with subtitles in English. She picked Pirates of the Carribbean 2. She took it back to the orphange to watch tonight.

Then she asked if she could have ice cream for dessert. So we went to the Iceberg on our way home and picked out some ice cream cones, just the individual kind. Then we came back to the apartment and did melt beads. I think she enjoyed that.

Sunday they will come back about 11AM and I will try and cook lunch for everyone. It's tough not being in my own kitchen with my own stuff. But I'm going to make jambalya after we run down to the Iceberg and buy a roasted chicken. I'm just not sure what to do about a salad or a vegetable. Oh well. I'll attach a picture of Almira from the movie Thursday afternoon.

No comments: