Sunday, April 8, 2007

Amsterdam on Easter





Hello everyone! Jon and I landed safely in Amsterdam and went out for a little tour. We just got back about an hour ago. The locker thing worked great, thanks Nanci. It was right after we got off the plane from Memphis, there were lockers right there for us to use. Jon has decided this whole process was just too easy. We put our bags in lockers and then started looking for the train tickets or the tran information. We went through one Passport check and got a stamp. Then we went out into the main part of the airport and I got in line and traded for some Euro. Then I bought us 2 train tickets into Amsterdam Central and we caught the train. We got off right in down town Amsterdam and just walked around for a little while. I took some pictures. we ducked in this little cafe and had a quick bit. It was close to 3:00 and I was getting nervous about getting back without any problems. Besides I had trouble getting on-line this morning when we first got here and I wanted to get this working.

We checked this morning to see if there was anything we needed to do when we came back into the airport to board our plane and was told no, as long as we had our boarding passes. We came back into the airport, and walked through the passport line, got a stamp and then walked to our locker and got our carry on bags. Wow, that was just too easy. We are sitting upstairs in the lounge area, where they have the lounge chairs, but I'm sitting in the internet cafe. I'll post a couple of pictures and then Jon wants to get on and do some surfing.
Till later,
Kathy B.

1 comment:

Jody said...

Hi Kathy and John,

I have been thinking about you all day. How exciting that you had the chance to visit Amsterdam. The time is 10:23p.m. in Chicago e and you should be boarding your Fokker 50 aircraft for Petropavlovsk within the hour. I can't wait to hear how your flight went. Love, Jody